Sunday, August 31, 2008

Spoonflower

Thanks to Steve (my pretty, pretty bridesmaid) I was introduced to the coolest idea/website I've seen since he sent me a link to Etsy a year and a half ago. It is called Spoonflower and it is probably best described using their own words, "Spoonflower gives individuals the power to print their own designs on fabric that they can then use to make quilts, clothes, pillows, blankets, framed textile art and many, many other things that might surprise you." I was immediately taken in because this is something that I've been attempting to do on my own for quite a while - with varying degrees of success. I've tried everything from those expensive printable sheets that you get at the craft stores (too expensive), to creating my own printable fabric sheets (too much ironing and prep work), to carving stamps and stamping fabric (inconsistent results), to sun printing ... oh, I could go on and on.

My idea journals dating as far back as 2 years ago contain pages and pages of fabric design ideas so this is something that has really been festering in my brain for some time. To say the very least, I was giddy at the thought of having my very own fabric line at my disposal and jumped in feet first without giving it a second thought.

My brain has been running non-stop and I can't get my ideas down fast enough. There is SO much potential here that I don't even know where to start!

No comments: